Avocado, Mint and coconut Ice Cream
Before Prep Needed: at least 4hrs before
Preparation Time: 15mins
300ml can Coconut cream
1/4 cup firmly packed mint leaves
Juice of 1 Lime
1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Pour coconut cream in ice-cube trays. Cut avocado into small dice and spread out on tray. Place both in freezer for at least 4hrs.
- Place frozen coconut cubes, avocado, lime juice, maple syrup and mint leaves in a good electric mixer and mix until blended. (If your mixer is small you may have to do in batches.)
- Use yogurt instead of coconut cream
- Blend all before frozen to make ice blocks.
- For a cacao ice magic to pour on top of ice cream. Simply whisk together 1/2 cup cacao, 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/3 cup of honey together. Pour over ice cream. You can keep cacao ice magic in jar in fridge. Just sit jar in hot water to melt it and then shake it so you can use it again.
Cocoa and Chia Seed Muffins
Oven Temp: 180 c
Preparation Time: 15mins Cooking Time: 25mins to 30mins
Chia Seeds are loaded with fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
4 tblsp Chia seeds soaked in 1 cup of water for 15minuites
1/2 Cocoa powder
1 cup Almond meal
1 cup Rapadura sugar
pinch of Salt
1tsp Bicarb Soda
1/2 cup melted Coconut oil or butter or olive oil
1tsp vanilla extract
5 eggs at room temp
1/4 cup Raspberries (optional)
- Soak Chia seeds in water, preheat oven and place muffin cases in muffin trays.
- In a bowl mix almond meal, bicarb soda, rapadura sugar, cacao powder and salt together. If adding berries lightly mix them through dry ingredients.
- In a different bowl whisk eggs, oil and vanilla extract together. Then mix chia seed through this mix.
- Pour the wet mix into dry mix and mix together with a spoon until well mixed.
- Fill each muffin case with mixture so it is 2/3rds of each muffin case.
- Bake for 25-30 mins at 180
- Try using different berries.
- you can cook this mix as a cake by pouring mix into lined cake tin and increasing cooking time to 40-50 mins.
Base Biscuit Recipe
Oven Temperature: 170c
Prep Time: 15mins Cooking Time: 15 mins
11/2 cup Whole Nuts (Almonds, macadamias, pecans, cashews. Can be just one nut or a mixture of nuts)
1 cup Arrowroot Flour
1/2 cup Rapadura or coconut sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
100gms melted coconut oil or butter
- blend nuts to a bread crumb consistency.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- mix through the vanilla and melted oil till you get a nice rolling consistency.( if too dry add a little more oil. if to wet add a little more arrowroot)
- roll into 14 balls and place on lined baking tray
- cook for 10 to 15mins.
- different nuts will give you different flavors and textures.
- blend orange rind or lemon rind with the nuts and a tsp of the juice with the vanilla to make lemon or orange biscuits
- for spice biscuits add 11/2tsp grd ginger, 1tsp grd cinnamon, 1/4tsp grd nutmeg, 1/4tsp grd cloves and 1/2tsp salt to dry ingredients and omit vanilla.
- add some cocoa nibs for choc chip
Prep Time: 5mins
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour over ice-cream for a heathy ice magic
- Serve as a fondue with frozen banana pieces and other fruits.
- Pour over a cake (cocoa and chia cake) as an icing.